3D Modelling & Animation Project

Philip Gibbins
SID 0801013

Thursday 3 December 2009

Cat Update 3 - Final

I have played for hours and hours with 3ds max, trying to get my cat to look realistic. Little minor modifications to slightly change it, and to no avail. The render below is probably one of the best.



I have added a yellow tinge to the light I added to make it more realistic (lights in a home are slightly yellow). It affected the render above just a bit too much.


I like the glossiness on the coat of the image above. This is without the use of lights; the 'natural' lighting that 3ds has provided with no input from me. In some ways I think it is better than the renders I have produced, especially around the face, but have decided to persist with one of my later renders anyway. It is a bit excessive with all the shininess around the body.

I spent a while longer trying to perfect the fur, but the hair and fur tool I am finding incredibly hard to use. It may just be that I have a very complex shape to work with (I really should have practised beforehand). Below is my chosen render.

I have now produced my final stamp using the render above. The background image of the stamp is a primary source of my living room. The background image of a paper texture has been sourced from http://mayang.com/textures/Manmade/html/Paper/index.html.

1 comment:

  1. I really don't think the lighting around the face looks right. I have asked for several second opinions and they all favour this image. I just think the face looks too messy, it just looks wrong to me.

    ReplyDelete