3D Modelling & Animation Project

Philip Gibbins
SID 0801013

Monday 7 December 2009

Tiger Update 3


So here it is; my third and final stamp. I had it in my mind that this was going to be a dark image from the start. The idea to make the eyes glow was a last-minute thing with the aid of a tutorial for neon lights. It works well I think, but it took an age to render. Literally over 20 minutes for one render!!!

The progress of this stamp was a bit slow. It was the first stamp that I really worked on, and then I seemed to stop and do the other two. It may have been because it was the first time I played with the materials. Even with a UVW map I couldn't make it work. I had so many problems rendering; it was actually different in the preview window to the actual render, as I showed you in Update 2.

This problem stands with the final stamp, but I could hide it pretty well with all the shadows. The background image has been sourced from ___(to insert)____ and I think works quite well.

For the leaves I used the same technique as a post I made in October. I used an image of bark for the material of the tree I made and for the underside of the tiger I used the stripes of a zebra. Quite a mixture!

The 'feeling' behind this one was meant to be a sense of dominance or power. The tiger is quite a majestic animal, usually alone and a frightful predator. I have tried to 'exert this energy' through the eyes in particular, with a dark, dreary atmosphere.

1 comment:

  1. The model works really well with the dark background and the glowing eyes create an ominous atmosphere. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete