3D Modelling & Animation Project

Philip Gibbins
SID 0801013

Thursday 12 November 2009

My Ideas

Here are my final three chosen ideas for the project. I really want to emphasise FEELINGS in my stamps rather than it just being a picture, because that is something that we all forget about in biodiversity, sure there are animals, sure there are places and habitats, but all these animals feel things. They feel happiness, they feel fear. So I will use appropriate lighting and layout to try and emphasise what I am trying to get across.

1 - Otter Scene (feeling of happiness)
Though the surroundings for the scene haven't been confirmed yet, I am going to do a scene of an otter swimming. If time allows, I will create a second 'playmate' otter that might be breaching the surface of the water, allowing me to play around with opacities and create maybe the scene of a river bed also.
I'm going to try an make them cute so it'll make everyone smile.

2 - Tiger Scene (feeling of darkness / evil / fear maybe)
This scene will be lit like a night scene so that it puts across a tranquil yet tense atmosphere, as a tiger lurks in the shadows underneath a tree, possibly stalking a deer? Maybe I could position it so you can see the tiger in the background behind the deer with a worried expression?
I could completely flip this and show it from the tiger's point of view and make it about survival or the feeling of power and dominance.

3 - House cat Scene (feeling of love)
Although not quite as strong an image as say a pair of lions getting it on (highly inappropriate for this project) there is a sense of love between house cat and owner. The scene would be urban (different to the other two ideas) and hopefully give a bit more variety to my project, with more man-made objects rather than trees in the background, especially if it is indoors.
Why a cat? I just think I'm more of a cat person than a dog person, and it goes with the tiger!

I decided on them quite a while ago, and have been trying to get used to the 3ds max software to enable me to create these ideas successfully. Most of what I have done is the same simple transformations over and over again because I just could not get to grips with it, or make it work for me.

Now however I am really starting to be able to create objects that look decent. Check back soon for screenshots of work I have done so far for my ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Some unique ideas here, many people have taken the obvious options which meet the norm, yet no one has thought "out of the box" and thought about aspects which don't meet the eye; emotion. Should be interesting to see what you come up with, sounds promising. (Apologies if that doesn't make sense)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you too have "gone out of the box"! I haven't seen any ideas as articulate as yours!

    ReplyDelete